Khadijah Shaaf. (PHOTOS SUPPLIED)
Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- Continuing with our series featuring Park Forest’s best and brightest students, eNews Park Forest is pleased to introduce Khadijah Shaaf, a seven-year resident of Park Forest, an honors and A.P. student, and a student with plans to enter graduate school after college.
Below is a Q&A provided by the school:
- Are you a Park Forest Resident? Yes, I have been a Park Forest resident for seven years.
- At Rich East all four years? Yes.
- Favorite classes and why? Throughout my high school career, all of my math and science classes have been my favorites. To be more specific; algebra honors, geometry honors, college trig, AP calculus, chemistry honors and AP physics, I tend to like these classes so much and I love to work with my hands in the science labs. I love being challenged in the classroom.
- GPA/Class Rank? 4.325/4.00 (includes weighted). Ranked 3rd of 237.
- ACT: 24.
- Areas met or exceeded on PSAE? Met in Reading and exceeded in Math and English.
- Activities/Athletics/Clubs participated in? Special awards? Straight A’s first semester, Straight A’s three semesters in a row, Outstanding sophomore and junior awards; Academic Honor Certificate; Student Council, National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, Mathletes; Rocket Marching Band, scholar musician, best freshman, band community service award, most helpful band member; Varsity Girls Basketball, Varsity Girls Cross Country
- Clubs, hobbies, community/church, Special volunteering in community: Working on the “safe Halloween” project in downtown Park Forest; area community food kitchen; and “Just Talk” Youth Ministry at my church, which is First Community Baptist Church in Chicago.
- College choice/major:Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan, to major in computer science engineering.
- Where do you want to be in five years? In ten years? In five years, I would like to be in graduate school pursuing a higher degree. In 10 years, I want to be starting a family and working in the field of my choice.