University Park, IL-(ENEWSPF)- CenterPoint at Governors State University is sponsoring five Starting a Business in Illinois workshops in August for Chicago Southland residents.
The free workshops focus on personal, financial, and legal aspects of starting a business. Participants will learn what steps to take and what resources are available to assist new business owners succeed in today’s challenging economic climate.
Workshops will be presented:
- On Wednesday, August 1, from 6 to 8 p.m., at the Richton Park Community Center, 4455 Sauk Trail, Richton Park. Elliott Johnson, Regional Representative for GSU CenterPoint, will present the program, sponsored by the Village of Richton Park.
- On Monday, August 20, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., at Old Plank Trail Bank, 20901 S. LaGrange Road, Frankfort. Judi Mack, Regional Representative for GSU CenterPoint, will present the program, sponsored by Old Plank Trail Bank.
- On Wednesday, August 22, from 6 to 8 p.m., at Markham City Hall, 16313 Kedzie Avenue, Markham. Elliott Johnson will present the program, sponsored by the City of Markham.
- On Wednesday, August 22, from 9 to 11 a.m., at Kallsen Center in Tinley Park Village Hall, 16250 S. Oak Park Avenue, Tinley Park. Dan McAllister, Regional Representative for GSU CenterPoint, will present the program, sponsored by the Village of Tinley Park.
- On Tuesday, August 28, from 4 to 6 p.m., at Orland Township office center, 14807 S. Ravinia Avenue, Orland Park. Dan McAllister will present the program, sponsored by Orland Township.
Interested individuals can contact CenterPoint at (708) 534-4927 or www.centerpointgsu.com.
CenterPoint at Governors State University is an Illinois Small Business Development Center offering professional assistance, counseling, relevant training, and ongoing support services to entrepreneurs. CenterPoint is a service of Governors State University with grant support from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and the U.S. Small Business Administration.