Rich East Stellar Student Angela Crawford. (PHOTO SUPPLIED)
Park Forest, IL–(ENEWSPF)- eNews Park Forest continues with our series of stellar students from Rich East High School. Mr. Kevin Kredens, the school’s publicity liaison, provides each student a series of the same questions. All responses are in the students’ exact words, except for minor editing for content and space when needed.
We are pleased to feature Angela Crawford who loves math and science, and hopes to be working at a “top law firm” within the next ten years.
She hopes to be Harvard-bound in the fall of this year.
Meet Angela Crawford:
- Are you a Park Forest Resident? How long? Yes. I have been a Park Forest resident for more than two years.
- At Rich East all four years? If not, where else? Before I came to Rich East, I attended Luther South High School for my freshman year.
- What do you like the most about Rich East? What I like more about Rich East is the faculty and staff that helps me when I have a problem. They are kind and they care for all the students.
- Favorite classes and why. My favorite classes are math and science because I like to solve problems and challenge myself when I come to a problem that is difficult to understand.
- Favorite teachers and why. All of my teachers have been great. One of my favorite teachers is Mr. (Mike) Blomarz because he says and uses funny analogies when he teaches and he makes learning fun. Another teacher who stands out in my mind is Mr. (Matt) Shank. He also makes learning amusing but he really gets down to business when it is time to be serious.
- GPA/Class Rank. GPA is 3.8/4.0 and class rank is 14th/203.
- ACT? 20.
- Areas met or exceeded on PSAE. I met the math and reading areas on the ACT. I exceeded in math, science and reading areas of work keys.
- AP Exams? Scores? I have taken the AP exams for English Language. I will be taking the AP Exams for calculus, physics and psychology in the spring.
- What are you listening to on your iPod these days? The music on my ipod these days is a mixture of gospel, jazz, hip-hop, R and B, Classic Oldies and contemporary rock.
- What is the last book you have read? The latest books I have read are The Hunger Games Trilogy.
- Favorite TV Shows? My favorite TV shows are: Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns, Wheel of Fortune, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit; Criminal Minds, The Bachelor/The Bachelorette; Switched at Birth.
- Places that you’d most like to visit? I would like to visit: Hawaii; Paris, France; Rome, Italy; Spain; England; China; Russia.
- Activities/Athletics/Clubs participated in? Special awards? National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society; Mathletes; Scholastic Bowl; Key Club (Sergeant at Arms); Business Professionals of America (State Qualifier).
- Clubs, hobbies, community/church. Special volunteering in community? I volunteer at the Children’s Ministry at Salem Baptist Church of Chicago and help where needed. I also like to read and swim in my free time. I am a senior Girl Scout. I love to go on river clean-ups and camping.
- College choice? Major? My top choice for college is Harvard. I will major in business finance and political science with a minor in music. I have three other college choices, Alaska Pacific, DePaul or Liberty University. My ultimate goal is to become a judge, but I think I’ll start out as a corporate lawyer.
- Where do you want to be in five years? In ten years? In five years, I will be in my first year of law school working toward my law degree. In 10 years, I will have been working at a top law firm for three years and start to work toward my other goal of becoming a judge. Within that 10 year span, I will have accomplished my goal of earning my law degree and working hard always.