- The advertiser hereby agrees with the company, that no representation of any kind has been made to the advertiser by the company, or any of its agents, and that no understanding has been had or agreement entered into by them, other than that embodied in the eNews Park Forest rate card or attached in writing to the contract.
- Conditions – The company reserves the right to revise its rates at any time upon thirty (30) days notice in writing. In that event, the advertiser reserves the right to cancel this contract without liability for the short rate charge, on the date upon which the rate changes become effective, otherwise, this contract shall remain in force at the revised rate until its expiration.
- All materials created for the advertiser by eNews Park Forest become the property of this paper. The artwork created for the advertiser (mechanicals, etc.) and paid for by the advertiser is their property.
- The advertiser warrants that all photographs or licenses or name of individuals submitted by the advertiser for publication in the advertisement have been authorized for publication in advertisement by the individual concerned. Furthermore, the advertiser and advertising agency agree to save harmless and indemnify the company against any and all liability, loss or expense arising from claims for violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights and property rights, libel, unfair competition, unfair trade practices, infringement of trademarks, trade names or patents, and from any other claims resulting out of or caused by the publication by the company of the advertiser’s advertisements and such indemnification shall survive any termination of this contract.
- Cancellations may be accepted after published reservation deadlines with a penalty of 25% of the total ad cost applied. Cancellation policy in effect for all advertisements printed by or inserted within the newspaper.
- Political advertising: Applies to all candidates for elected office. Political advertising copy must be cleared by the advertising department prior to publication. All political advertising must be paid for in advance of publication. Political advertising will not be accepted for publication on the day of the election.
- Acceptability – All advertisements offered for publication in eNews Park Forest are subject to acceptance by the company. Questionable, misleading, controversial, or fraudulent statements are declined. The company reserves the rights to disapprove any advertising copy, which in its sole judgment may be deemed objectionable and undesirable. Furthermore, the company reserves the right to revise or reject any advertising copy, in its sole discretion for any reason whatsoever. Payment does not guarantee publication. Only publication constitutes acceptance of an ad.
- A contract shall not be invalidated by any errors in or omissions of any advertisement on the part of the company. The advertiser’s sole remedy for breach of this contract shall be a corrected additional publication of the part of the advertisement error. The company shall not be liable for errors or omissions or for the failure to run an ordered advertisement or for any losses or decreased profits sustained by any damages resulting from any such failures, error or omission. The company will not be responsible for more than one correctional publication on advertisement ordered for more than one time.
II. ADDIONAL POLICIES:
- Automotive, Recreational Vehicle, Garage Sale, Merchandise, Pets and Lost & Found ad programs are for the benefit of non-commercial advertisements. If an ad is canceled during the scheduled run, pro-rated rebates will not be given.
- The Publisher reserves the right to revise or reject, at its option, any advertisement deemed objectionable by the Publisher or to classify an advertisement. Billing to P.O. Boxes or Mail Services is unacceptable. All Ads subject to credit approval.
- Please check each insertion of your ad. No adjustments will be made by eNews Park Forest for errors not corrected the first day the advertisement appears. eNews Park Forest accepts no liability or responsibility for the failure to insert an advertisement regardless of the cause, except for the cost of the space actually occupied by the error.
- If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any information to us. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any credit card information to us without first getting permission from your parent or guardian.
- All submissions are subject to approval and may be rejected at the discretion of eNews Park Forest.
- All advertising material published in eNews Park Forest magazine may also be used in any and all media by eNews Park Forest.
III. TERMS OF PAYMENT
- All advertising must be prepaid until credit is approved.
- On advertising where credit is approved, payment is due on or before the fifteenth (15th) of the month following publication.
- eNews Park Forest may refuse to publish further advertising when an account becomes delinquent.
- A contract may be terminated by the company without notice, if the advertiser shall fail to pay for advertising as agreed or for any other default hereunder, or without notice, if the advertiser becomes insolvent, make an assignment for the benefit of creditors, or a receiver of the property or business of the advertiser is appointed. Failure of the company to object to, or to take affirmative action with respect to any advertisement, any delinquency, or any of its rights under this contract, shall not be construed as a waiver thereof or a waiver of any subsequent breach thereof. In the case of a bankruptcy, if the advertiser requests the court pre-petition for payment of unpaid balance, the contract rate will be reinstated.
- Any tax imposed on newspaper advertising will be paid by the advertiser from the date of the imposition to the end of the contract.
- Retail advertising rates apply to the advertising of any retailer who sells directly to the public through one or more retail stores owned and operated by the advertiser. If an advertiser, in addition to selling through his/her retail store or stores, sells through dealers or outlets that he does not own, control or operate, no mention or reference may be made in the copy accepted at the retail rate of such outlets or methods of distribution.
- For billing information on Retail, General and Classified Advertising, call 708-710-9860.
IV. CONTRACT AND COPY REGULATIONS
- Advertising Contracts
- In order to qualify for a contract rate, an advertiser must first sign a eNews Park Forest advertising agreement. Contracts cannot be transferred to another company or division. Contracts must be signed by the advertiser who assumes liability for payment of advertising placed by a recognized advertising agency. If an advertiser’s inches fall short of agreed contract, a “shortrate” will be issued to the rate actually earned. The publisher reserves the right to reject or cancel advertising contracts for reasons of nonuse, non-payment, credit violations, contract violations or other reasons which violate stated or written policies of eNews Park Forest.
- An advertising space contract may be backdated no further than the first day of the preceding month in which it is signed and processed. If a thirty-day notice is issued for an impending advertising rate increase, the advertiser may cancel the contract during that thirty-day period without penalty. If the advertiser does not cancel the contract, the new rate will become the contract rate.
- Every effort will be made to offer the advertising position requested. However, we cannot guarantee exact position, and advertising must be paid for regardless of position. The company will not accept advertising on a “position omit” basis.
- Notice of error must be given 24 hours prior to second insertion or else no claim for adjustment will be accepted. Any ad that simulates a “news-style” appearance must be labeled as an advertisement at the top of the ad. Copy cannot be set in the same type style used in editorial content. The only acceptable copy set for headlines will be the normal headline as appears with all stories in eNews Park Forest.
- In the event of flood, fire, dispute or differences with labor, shortages of material and transportation, breakdown of equipment, directive by government authority, or any action beyond its control should cause either party to be unable to perform its obligation hereunder, such party shall be excused from said performance during the continuation of such inability.
- Rate Book Amendments
- eNews Park Forest reserves the right to amend the terms, conditions, rates and other provisions of this rate book upon 30 days written notice to contract advertisers.
- The advertiser reserves the right to cancel the contract without penalty, providing written notice is in the possession of eNews Park Forest before the amendments take effect.
V. SPECIAL SERVICES
- Advertising Creative Services – Layout, design, clip art, basic illustrations and layout ideas are available to eNews Park Forest advertisers at no charge. Internet Banners, Buttons, Towers, some Flash ad design and creation also available at no charge.
V. PRODUCTION SPECIFICATIONS
- Electronic ad requirements
- Electronic ads should be submitted in PDF format.
- Ads not in PDF format must have fonts and artwork included in file.
- TrueType fonts are NOT recommended.
- All computers which are used to exchange files should contain virus scanning software.
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.