Washington, DC–(ENEWSPF)–January 1, 2017
In 20 days Donald Trump will be sworn in as President of the United States even though he lost the popular vote by almost three million votes. Our country is now ushering in one of the least qualified, authoritarian figures in American history.
Former Secretary of Labor, Robert Reich sized Trump up perfectly in his recent Facebook post. We better pay close attention and be ready to take on the fight of our lifetime if we hope to save our country and democracy: Read:
“What are the warning signs of impending tyranny? As tyrants take control of democracies, they:
1. Exaggerate their mandate to govern — claiming, for example, that they won an election by a landslide even after losing the popular vote.
2. Repeatedly claim massive voter fraud in the absence of any evidence, in order to restrict voting in subsequent elections.
3. Publicly criticize anyone who criticizes them, labeling them “enemies.”
4. Turn the public against journalists or media outlets that criticize them, calling them “deceitful” and “scum.”
5. Hold few if any press conferences, preferring to communicate with the public directly through mass rallies and unfiltered statements.
6. Tell the public big lies, causing them to doubt the truth and believe fictions that support the tyrants’ goals.
7. Blame economic stresses on immigrants or racial or religious minorities, and foment public bias and even violence against them.”
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.