Springfield, IL-(ENEWSPF)- Do you have a money-saving idea for the state of Illinois? According to an email from the governor’s office, the state is ready to pay you anywhere from $50 to $5000 for the right idea to help the state save money.
This just in today from Governor Quinn’s office:
Do you have an idea that could save the state of Illinois money? Residents of Illinois can win $50 to $5,000 for successful suggestions submitted to the State Government Suggestion Award Board. Each suggestion is presented to the award board and, if feasible, original and cost-saving, may be eligible for an award. Awards are based on the savings each idea generates. For more information about this initiative you can visit their website or call (217) 558-0964.
Any Illinois resident may submit money-saving suggestions to the State Government Suggestion Award Board. Illinois residents can win between $50 and $5,000 for a successful suggestion.
Each suggestion is assigned a reference number, presented to the board, and if appropriate, forwarded to relevant state agencies to determine if it is feasible, original, and cost-saving.
If an agency certifies that a suggestion is feasible, the SGSAB will consider its eligibility for an award. Each award is paid based on the savings it generates.
Here are the rules:
- You must be an Illinois resident.
- The suggestion must be original and may not constitute the solution to a procedure or problem which you are paid to solve as part of your employment.
- The suggestion cannot be taken from any report, study, document, or publication of the state or paid for by the state.
- The suggestion must result in financial savings by the state and taxpayers.
- The suggestion must not require a state or federal constitutional change.
- The suggestion may require enactment of Illinois legislation but the suggestion must indicate the substance or nature of the lawmaking.
- The suggestion must not propose anything harmful or dangerous to the health, safety, or well-being of employees, residents, or clients.
- The suggestion must state a specific problem or situation and propose a specific solution to it.
- The suggestion form must be filled out completely and signed.
Good luck, Park Forest!