Park Forest, IL—(ENEWSPF)—August 28, 2016. GKC Wheel of Crafts will host a pancreatic cancer awareness charity event and block party to benefit Sherry Floyd-Radanovich. The event will take place on Saturday, September 10 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 127 Shabbona Drive in Park Forest. NOTE: Shabbona will be blocked off beginning at 9 a.m. between Niagara and Nauvoo.
Sherry is a 15-year Park Forest resident. Both she and her husband are veterans of the U.S. Army. Sherry is a breast cancer survivor and is now battling pancreatic cancer. Since Sherry is weak from treatment, in order for her to enjoy the benefit, we are hosting it on Shabbona so Sherry can be a part of the event and rest in her home as necessary.
This will be a block party with a twist. There will be food, crafts, vendors, music, corn hole tournament, bingo, raffle items and much more. Everyone is welcome. Bring your family, friends and neighbors along to join the fun.
- Corn Hole Tournament at Noon and 5 p.m. — $20 entry fee per team
- Bingo at 3 p.m. with another the possibility of another session in the evening
- Raffle tickets are $1 each or 6 tickets for $5
- Face painting — $3
- ‘No One Fights Alone’ key changes — $3 each
- Food for sale including hamburgers, hot dogs, chili, walking tacos– Noon until it is gone
- Baked sale items – 11 a.m. until gone – Donated items to sell at the bake sale appreciated
For additional information on the event, or how to be a vendor, please contact Kim Schaefer at 708-283-4190, email [email protected] or see Facebook event at: Sherry Floyd-Radonovich Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Charity Event and Block Party https://www.facebook.com/events/1827339994164517/
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.