CHICAGO–(ENEWSPF)–November 10, 2011. Please note, unless otherwise stated the event takes place at Jackson & LaSalle in the plaza outside the Chicago Board of Trade. As always, there is a nightly march to General Assembly leaving from HQ (Jackson & LaSalle) at 7pm and arriving at the Horse (Congress & Michigan) for the GA. Friday night there will also be a group leaving from the Veteran’s Memorial to GA at the Horse.
- 5:30pm CTA Public Hearing at Kennedy-King College (740 W. 63rd St.)
OC stands in solidarity with the Amalgamated Transit Union during the CTA budget hearing. Arrive by 5:30pm.
- 11am Veteran Memorial Speak Out & March (Wacker & Wabash)
OC joins Veterans for Peace, IVAW and AVAW for a memorial and speak out by veterans of Afghanistan, Iraq and the “Global War on Terror” at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
- 12 pm, March from Vietnam Veterans Memorial to OC headquarters at Jackson & LaSalle
- 3-5pm Community Outreach Meeting at Grace Place (637 S Dearborn)
Outreach is inviting community organizations from all over Chicago to see how we can collaborate on actions, trainings, and events.
- 3-4:30pm Teach-in: “Resisting Military Recruitment into U.S. Wars for the 1% – On Veterans Day & Everyday”
- 4:30-6pm Teach-in: “Critical Theory, Critical Practice”
- 5:45pm Silent March and Candlelight Vigil at Veteran’s Memorial
Silent march will leave Jackson & LaSalle at 5:45pm to the Veteran’s Memorial on Wacker Drive at State Street. Once there, people will be encouraged to say a few words or read a favorite poem or song. We will march to OC’s General Assembly at Congress & Michigan before 7 pm.
- 2-3pm Spiritual Circle. A multi-faith devotional gathering & potluck in celebration of the birth of the Bahá’u’lláh, founder of the Baha’i faith. Please bring a passage of your sacred writings or anyone else’s to share at the circle.
- 4-7 pm, Louder Than A Bomb: The Chicago Youth Poetry Festival at Congress & Michigan
In solidarity with Occupy Chicago will host a 99%-er open mic featuring the hip-hop trio BBU and Chance the rapper, LTAB All-stars, FM Supreme, Kris De La Rash, Steinmenautz, Shannon Matesky, Jamila Woods, Malcolm London, and many more.
- 3-4:30pm Teach-in: “The Situationists, Society of the Spectacle, and Urban Consciousness in a Revolutionary Context”
- 4:30-6pm Teach-in: “Concepts of Democracy and the Occupy Movement 101”
- 6pm Occupy University of Chicago Against Paulson & Rice at U of C
Protest at U of C during a speaking engagement by Henry Paulson & Condoleezza Rice. A rally will begin at 6pm when the doors to the event open and continue until the end, including relocating the nightly General Assembly to this location.
- 4:30pm Weekly Group Meditation
- 4:30-6pm Teach-in: “Concepts of Ideology and the Occupy Movement”
- Global Day of Action, exact location and schedule TBD