Park Forest, IL—(ENEWSPF)—March 10, 2016. Local food pantries estimate the need for food and household goods has more than doubled in the past five years. The need is especially high in the spring and summer months as donations decrease and supplies diminish. Join us to help reach our goal of 30,000 pounds of food and household goods for familis and individuals thourhgout the Chicago Southland Region.
The Village of Park Forest’s Recreation and Parks Deparment, 350 Victory Drive, will accep donations of food and household goods through March 31 on Mondays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Tuesday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What Can I Donate?
- Canned fruits and veggies (pull tops if possible)
- 100% fruit and vegetable juice
- Beans (canned and dry)
- Pasta and Sauce
- Bagged Rice
- Chips and Cookies
- Hamburger Helper, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Evaporated or Powdered Milk (packets)
- Infant Supplies (baby food, formula, diapers)
- Hygiene Supplies (feminine products, shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, laundry detergent)
Donations should be unopened and non-expired cans and boxes – no glass.
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.