CHICAGO—(ENEWSPF)—March 6, 2017. The Chicago Socialist Party, of the Socialist Party, USA, is organizing a rally at James R. Thompson Center (100 W. Randolph St.) on March 8, at 6:00 pm, come rain or shine.
This March 8th marks the 108th annual International Working Women’s Day. Join us for a rally to demand the right to healthcare, childcare, eldercare and housing as foundation stones in building a genuinely just and safe society for all.
In 1909 our parent organization, the Socialist Party of America, started International Working Women’s Day in honor of the International Ladies Garment Worker’s Union strike. It has since become an internationally recognized holiday, celebrated to this day.
- Zerlina Smith 29th ward organizer and Action Now activist. A powerful voice for a third way in politics, Zerlina is a leader in local efforts for a living wage, affordable housing, and fully funded public education for all.
- Red Schulte Grassroots organizer and founding editor of Red Wedge magazine, Red is an activist involved with the SlutWalk Chicago organizing collective and a radical sex workers support collective, Support Ho(s)e.
- Rehmah Sufi An organizer with the International Marxist Humanist Organization (IMHO), Rehmah works on resource generation for grassroots organizing. She is also a coorganizer of the Three Poets and a Country series, which highlights the richness and resistance of Pakistani poetry to counter the overwhelmingly monochromatic and reductive narratives about the country manufactured by the imperialist “war on terror.”
- Tobita Chow Chair of The People’s Lobby, Tobita is organizing a campaign for a global minimum wage to end the reliance on sweatshop labor and stop the global race to the bottom.
- Erica Nanton Daughter of immigrants from the Caribbean, Erica is a leader with The People’s Lobby organizing for racial and economic justice on the South Side of Chicago.
- Yasmin Nair Activist, writer, and editor at large for Current Affairs, Yasmin’s work has appeared in Baffler, Vox, In These Times, and Monthly Review, among other publications.
This event is organized by the Chicago Socialist Party and endorsed by GenderJust
Learn more about GenderJust at http://genderjust.wixsite.com/genderjust
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.