Park Forest, IL—(ENEWSPF)—June 23, 2017. The Park Forest Civic Leadership Academy is an invaluable nine-month experience that allows residents to meet area leaders, hear their stories, become more familiar with your community, and take part in informational briefings on the realities and challenges of local decision-makers and the organizations they lead. In this highly educational nine-month program, you’ll:
- Explore your ability to critically think about how to resolve important issues impacting the community
- Be part of a select group of diverse participants all focused on creating the best community possible
- Be exposed to a host of current and future area leaders who you can add to your network
- Discuss topics like arts, economic development, education, finance, local government, policing, and more
Applications are currently being accepted for the program beginning this fall. Apply by July 31.
- Must be a Park Forest resident
- Submit your completed application before July 31, 2017
- Be available to attend classes on the second Friday of the month, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., September to May
- For those accepted, submit a $100 program fee by Sept. 1 to hold your seat
- Be passionate about wanting your community to be the best it can be
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.