Park Forest, IL—(ENEWSPF)—February 19, 2018
By: Rosemary Piser
eNews Park Forest prides itself in bringing you factual coverage of local events, Park Forest government, local schools, police and fire activities, along with stories of the things people do in Park Forest every day. Our mission is for eNews to bring you the best coverage of Park Forest and beyond. Over the years, we’ve found that our readership base has expanded to include not only people from Park Forest and the surrounding suburbs, but people throughout the United States and many foreign countries as well.
As the world grows smaller every day, it is more important than ever to be knowledgeable about not only our local news, but national news as well. As the primary content manager of eNews, I make every effort to bring you information about Park Forest and the south suburban area as well as issues that are national in scope such as voting rights, health, education, science, environment, immigration, the military, equality, minimum wage, product recalls, arts and entertainment, just to name a few. And since the mainstream media seems to only be able to focus on a single issue at a time, you’ll find that eNews often brings you information not provided elsewhere in a timely manner.
In these days of “alternative facts,” we pride ourselves in using sources that are known for their honesty and integrity. Some of these sources include:
- Audubon Society;
- Sierra Club;
- National Institutes of Health;
- Kaiser Foundation;
- Harvard University Chan School of Public Health;
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA);
- Center for Disease Control (CDC);
- Western Environmental Law Center;
- National Education Association;
- Southern Poverty Law Center;
- National Organization of Women;
- Planned Parenthood;
- Drug Policy Alliance;
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU);
- Anti-Defamation League;
- As well as multiple sources in the Chicago-land area.
The authors from articles posted on eNews are vetted and found to be credible sources of information they provide. We also regularly provide you with progressive commentaries from such luminaries as:
- Michael Winship, senior writing fellow at Demos and president of the Writers Guild of America-East, was senior writer for Moyers & Company and Bill Moyers’ Journal and is senior writer of BillMoyers.com.
- Richard (RJ) Eskow, Senior Advisor for Health and Economic Justice at Social Security Works and the host of The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow on Free Speech TV.
- Paul Buchheit, a college teacher, an active member of US Uncut Chicago. His latest book is, Disposable Americans: Extreme Capitalism and the Case for a Guaranteed Income. He is also founder and developer of social justice and educational websites (UsAgainstGreed.org, PayUpNow.org, RappingHistory.org), and the editor and main author of “American Wars: Illusions and Realities” (Clarity Press).
- Robert Reich, is the Chancellor’s Professor of Public Policy at the University of California, Berkeley, and a senior fellow at the Blum Center for Developing Economies. He served as secretary of labor in the Clinton administration, and Time magazine named him one of the 10 most effective cabinet secretaries of the 20th century. He has written 14 books, including the best-sellers Aftershock, The Work of Nations.
Now that we know for certain that some news found on sources like Facebook and Google have contained untruthful and inaccurate stories paid for by Russians in order to undermine our democracy, it is more important than ever to be able to get news from independent media. But never before have independent media outlets been more endangered.
So whether you live in Park Forest or “beyond,” I think you’ll find that eNews Park Forest has something for everyone. But in order to keep providing the coverage that you seek, we need your help. Can we count on you for your support?
Thank you and we look forward to providing you news of integrity for many years to come.
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.