On his last day, Anthony Scaramucci weathered a false report that his wife was leaving him, filing for divorce, because he posted nude photos of her and loved politics more than her.
That was false.
But on July 22, Scaramucci was trying to sanitize his past:
Scaramucci announces on Twitter that for the sake of “full transparency,” he is deleting some old tweets in which he advocated for gun control, called Hillary Clinton “incredibly competent” and expressed hope that she would run for president and called Trump “so smart with no judgement.” “Past views evolved & shouldn’t be a distraction. I serve @POTUS agenda & that’s all that matters,” Scaramucci said.
Here are notable firings and resignations from the Trump Administration, from the LATimes.com:
- Anthony Scaramucci, Director of communications (fired), 10 days
- Reince Priebus, White House chief of staff (resigned), 189 days
- Derek Harvey, National Security Council Middle East advisor (fired), 186 days
- Michael Short, Assistant press secretary (resigned), 186 days
- Sean Spicer, White House press secretary, White House director of communications (resigned), 182 days
- Walter Shaub, Director of the Office of Government Ethics (resigned), 180 days
- Robert Iger, Advisory council (resigned), 133 days
- Elon Musk, Advisory council (resigned), 132 days
- Mike Dubke, Director of communications (resigned), 85 days
- K.T. McFarland, Deputy national security advisor (reassigned), 177 days
- James B. Comey Jr., FBI director (fired), 109 days
- Angella Reid, White House chief usher (fired), 105 days (and the only Person of Color on the list)
- Katie Walsh, Deputy White House chief of staff (resigned), 69 days
- Craig Deare, National Security Council senior director for Western Hemisphere affairs (fired), 26 days
- Mike Flynn, National security advisor (resigned), 22 days
- Sally Yates, Acting attorney general (fired), 10 days
That’s a list to rival, well, any previous administration.
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.