INDIANA–(ENEWSPF)–February 13, 2017. We are closely monitoring and gathering information on the national recall. Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC based in Middlebury, Ind., notified Sargento Foods Inc. that a specialty Longhorn Colby cheese it supplied to Sargento must be recalled due to a potential contamination of Listeria monocytogenes. There are no confirmed illnesses.
The recalled retail products are:
- Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 oz., UPC 4610000228, with “Sell By” dates of “12APR17B” and “10MAY17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040041, with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “H12JUL17”
Out of an abundance of caution, Sargento also recalled the following products because they were packaged on the same line as the affected cheese:
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with “Sell By” date of “11JUN17B”
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with “Sell By” dates of “12JUN17B”, “09JUL17B” and “10JUL17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “F28JUN17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
The recalled cheeses were packaged at our Plymouth, Wis. facility. No other Sargento branded products have been affected by this recall. Please use the “Search Product” tool below to find out if your cheese is affected.
The safety of our consumers and our employees is our top priority at Sargento and at the very heart of all we do.
Due to the high volume of inquiries on this national cheese recall prompted by Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC, it may take us a little longer than usual to respond to your emails. We appreciate your patience. We are committed to providing our valued consumers with the most accurate information. You can always give us a call at 1-800-CHEESES (1-800-243-3737). Our phone lines are open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Central Time) to answer your questions and activate reimbursements.
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.