Chinmay Kansara. (PHOTOS SUPPLIED)
Park Forest, IL–(ENEWSPF)– This is the first of several articles we plan to run introducing eNews Park Forest readers to the best and brightest students in the Park Forest area.
We begin with Chinmay Kansara, a senior at Rich East High School, and a Q&A provided by the school.
- Are you a Park Forest Resident: Yes, about four years.
- At Rich East all four years: Yes.
- Favorite classes and why: Physics because it’s interesting to learn about the laws of physics that govern the universe. And, mathematics, just because it’s fun.
- Favorite teachers: Mr. Adamczyk, the cool and funny physics teacher; also Ms. Ptak and Ms. Segura, because without their help, I probably wouldn’t be as good of a literature student as I am.
- GPA/Class Rank: GPA is a 4.5 (weighted) and my overall GPA is a 4.33. Class rank is 2nd/237.
- ACT: 25.
- Areas met or exceeded on PSAE: Math, Reading and Science.
- AP Exams: US History, 3; Language Arts, 3. I am hoping to take the Physics, Chemistry, Literature and Arts this spring.
- Activities/Athletics/Clubs participated in: Scholastic Bowl, Matheletes, soccer, all for two years.
- Clubs, hobbies: National Honor Society. Hobbies include: doing anything physics and math, watching television and playing video games.
- College choice: I’ll be attending the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to major in Physics.
- Where do you want to be in five years? In ten years? In five years, hopefully be graduating from college with a degree, in physics or engineering. In 10 years, I want to contribute my knowledge to the world of physics and hopefully make a difference.