Mantua Home Invasion Ends When Suspects Flee

Park Forest, IL–(ENEWSPF)– Park Forest police released a report regarding a home invasion on Mantua Street that occurred at the end of April.

On April 29 at 11:36 p.m., Officer Sweitzer was dispatched to a residence in the 200 block of Mantua Street to investigate a 911 call in reference to a report of a man with a gun inside the house. Commander Tas and Officers DeCeault, Rimovsky, and Hoskins also responded to the area.

The resident told police that at approximately 11:30 p.m., an unknown male subject began knocking at the front door. When the resident opened the door, the subject, who had been knocking, turned away. Suddenly, a second subject ran to the front door. The second subject was armed with a chrome medium-sized semi-automatic handgun, according to police. The resident tried to close the door, but both suspects forced the door open and forced their way into the residence.

Once inside, the resident wrestled with the first suspect until the second suspect struck him in the face with his handgun.

Other residents reported hearing a loud disturbance in the living room. One man reported being dragged out of the residence by the suspect with the revolver, thrown over a weight bench, and dragged out of the backyard through a gate, into a side yard. The suspect then left the resident outside and returned to the house.

Another resident reported opening her bedroom door when a suspect armed with a handgun walked into her bedroom, forcing her back into the room. When he left the room, she got her cell phone and began calling 911.

Both suspects reportedly then left the residence.

The first suspect is described as an African-American male, 6 feet tall, between 20 and 30 years of age. He is described as having light skin, a beard with a soul patch. He was wearing a black jacket, according to police. The second suspect is described as an African-American male, 20 to 30 years of age, 6 feet tall, wearing a brown jacket and carrying a chrome semi-automatic handgun.

Police gathered evidence from the scene and continue to investigate.