Washington, DC–(ENEWSPF)–March 15, 2017. With Tax Day looming large, WalletHub today released its 2017 Taxpayer Survey as well as its yearly Tax Rates by State report in order to help people better understand this confusing time of year. WalletHubâ€™s Taxpayer Survey features a wide range of fun facts about peopleâ€™s opinions on tax prep, the IRS and more, while the tax rate report compares the cost of the average personâ€™s various obligations in the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Tax Rates in Illinois (1=Lowest; 25=Avg.)
- 51st â€“ Overall Effective State & Local Tax Rate
- 22nd â€“ Income Tax
- 28th â€“ Vehicle Property Tax
- 25th â€“ Sales & Excise Taxes
Interesting Results from 2017 Taxpayer Survey
- What Weâ€™d Do For A Tax-Free Futureâ€¦20% would get an â€œIRSâ€ tattoo, 16% would move abroad and 10% would stop talking for six months.
- Will Donald Trumpâ€™s tax reforms save us money? â€œNoâ€ is the runaway winner, receiving 65% of the vote.
- What Weâ€™d Rather Be Doing Than Taxesâ€¦30% would talk sex with the kids, 40% would get dirty with diapers and 12% would spend the night in jail.
- Whom Weâ€™d Most Like To Punchâ€¦Donald Trump (51%) was the top choice for the individual most deserving of a pop to the kisser, while only 12% opted for an IRS agent.
WalletHubâ€™s 2017 Taxpayer Resources
- What To Do If You Canâ€™t Pay
- Pros & Cons Of Paying With Credit
- Tips For Avoiding & Dealing With Tax Fraud
- Last-Minute Tax Tips
- States with the Highest & Lowest Property Taxes
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.