Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- “Ever think about joining the Force?” police ask in a statement on social media.
The Park Forest Police Department is recruiting. Applications are being accepted through December 29, according to Police Chief Christopher Mannino.
“Whether you’ve been an officer for a while or are completely new to policing, if you want to work for a professional, highly trained police department that is focused on community-engaged policing while fighting crime, we may be the right place for you and your law enforcement career,” police say.
The application is free.
There is a $10 booklet available to aide in preparing for the test and application process.
Park Forest residents are especially encouraged to apply.
Here’s the official scoop from the Village of Park Forest website:
The Village of Park Forest, Board of Fire and Police Commissioners, is currently conducting a Lateral and Entry Level Police Officer Recruitment. Through this testing procedure you may qualify to be on an eligibility list for the Police Department.
Application packets are available at no cost – Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Village of Park Forest, Human Resources (second floor); 350 Victory Dr,, Park Forest, IL 60466.
The Village of Park Forest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lateral hires: Starting probationary salaries will be equivalent to salaries outlined in the current police union contract based on fiscal year of offer. Salaries quoted below are applicable to the 2017 – 2018 pay schedule in the current police union contract.
Illinois certified police officer
- 12 months full-time experience – Step B $64,373
- 24 months full-time experience – Step C $69,835
- 36 months or more of full-time experience – Step D $73,999
Out of state certified police officers with full-time experience as referenced above will start at the contract probationary step salary of $59,555. Upon successful completion of the State of Illinois certification process, their probationary salary will be raised to the step equivalent to their experience as referenced above.
Entry level hires: Probationary salary: $59,555
The information you will need for the Village’s recruitment process is as follows:
1. Application for Employment – Complete the attached application in full. The application must be signed and dated before returning. Application deadline 5 p.m. Friday, December 29, 2017.
The following information is to be returned with the completed application. A copy of:
- high school diploma or equivalent;
- college transcripts (if applicable);
- birth certificate and/or certificate of citizenship.
Minimum Requirements at time of hire:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- U.S. citizen
- Age 21 to 34 at the time of the application deadline unless otherwise provided by State Statue 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6
- Ability to successfully pass written test, oral interview, background investigation,
psychological examination, and medical examination
- Present a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test Certification Card at time of Written Exam. The card must be valid within 6 months of the date of the written test.
Applicant must submit proof of successful completion of the Illinois Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (P.O.W.E.R.) at the Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA), Joliet Junior College, or Triton College. Applicants must present a valid Power Test Certification Card on the date of the written exam. The cost of completing this test will be the responsibility of the applicant.
- Joliet Junior College
- Triton College
708-456-0300 ext. 3326
2. Police Officer Job Description – This document details the job of Police Officer with the Village of Park Forest, including such items as job functions and physical requirements.
3. Mandatory Orientation Meeting – A general orientation about the Village of Park Forest, the profession of a Park Forest Police Officer and the recruitment process will be held on Thursday, January 4, 2018 promptly at 7:00 p.m. (check-in begins at 6:00 p.m. Doors close at 7:00 p.m., with no admittance afterwards). The location of the orientation is at Freedom Hall, 410 Lakewood Blvd. in Park Forest. In order to learn more about the police profession, your spouse and/or “significant other” is encouraged to attend the orientation but his or her presence is not mandatory.
Orientation attendance is mandatory to continue in the testing process. At orientation please bring:
- A picture ID (drivers license is a preferable form)
4. Applicants may order the practice “NPST Candidate Orientation Guide” by clicking the following link: http://www.fpsi.com/police-candidate-orientation-guide/. The NPST Candidate Orientation Guide is a helpful tool to prepare for the exam and can be downloaded as a PDF file and saved or printed. Please read through the disclaimer on the order page in order to have a successful download. Payments will be submitted through PayPal via an account or credit/debit card. Once payment is submitted, PayPal automatically redirects you back to the FPSI site where access to the download link will be located on the Order Details-Checkout Status page. Applicants must pay close
attention to ALL instructions on both FPSI and PayPal’s websites in order to access the
instant download successfully!
5. Written Examination – The written test will be held Saturday, January 6, 2018 at Dining on the Green, 349 Main Street, Park Forest, IL. Candidates will be emailed regarding the testing time. A morning and afternoon session may be needed depending upon the number of applicants we anticipate to test. A picture ID will be required to sit for testing.
6. Oral Interviews with the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners – The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners conduct individual interviews. Historically, they interview the top 30 candidates who have achieved the highest score on the written exam and passed a preliminary background check conducted by the Park Forest Police Department. It is anticipated interviews will be held the last two – three weeks of January 2018. Interviews will be conducted at the Police Department 200 Lakewood Blvd., Park Forest, IL 60466. Applicants eligible for an interview will be photographed, fingerprinted and will complete a written computer proficiency test prior to the interview.
Please carefully review the information provided and legibly complete all of the forms thoroughly before returning them. Failure to fully complete the application and provide the required information may disqualify you from participating in the testing procedure. Applications and required attachments must be returned to the address below prior to 5 p.m., Friday, December 29, 2017.
Park Forest Village Hall
Attention: Human Resources
350 Victory Drive
Park Forest, IL 60466
Applications may be hand delivered, emailed to [email protected] or mailed to Park Forest’s Village Hall. If you choose to mail your application it must be received by the Human Resources Department no later than Friday, December 29, 2017 and must have sufficient postage for delivery.
Applications will not be accepted at the Park Forest Police Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To learn more and to download a free application, go to www.vopf.com and click on “Employment” at the bottom.
Source material: VOPF
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.