Twelve spots currently open to interested individuals
Park Forest, IL–(ENEWSPF)– Park Forest long has had the tradition of active volunteer boards and commissions that advise the elected Mayor and Trustees on various topics. A few of these bodies — such as the Housing Authority, the Board of Police & Fire Commissioners, the Plan Commission, the Zoning Board of Appeals, the Equal Employment Opportunity Board, and the Fair Housing Review Board — have actual statuatory obligations that require their formal action on various matters. Other commissions — such as the Environment Commission, the Senior Citizens Advisory Commission, and the Youth Commission — sponsor various activities throughout the year, in addition to providing guidance to the Board on their respective areas of interest.
Here’s a list of the volunteer boards and commissions, with an indication in bold of any open spots for which I’m currently searching for persons who might be appointed.
- Board of Police & Fire Commissioners — no vacancies
- Beautification Awards Committee — one vacancy
- Cable Communications Commission — three vacancies
- Commission on Human Relations — no vacancies
- Economic Development Advisory Group — no vacancies
- Environment Commission — three vacancies
- Housing Authority — no vacancies
- Parks & Recreation Board — two vacancies
- Plan Commission — one vacancy
- Senior Citizen Advisory Commission — no vacancies
- Youth Commission — no vacancies
- Equal Employment Opportunity Review Board, Fair Housing Review Board, Zoning Board of Appeals — two vacancies [appointees serve on all three bodies]
Persons who are interested in being considered for appointment to a volunteer board or commission must complete an application and submit it to the Village Manager’s Office.
More information on Boards and Commissions is available here: http://www.villageofparkforest.com.
John Ostenburg is Mayor of Park Forest.
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.