CRETE—(ENEWSPF)—March 15, 2018
By: Sarah Wegley
The Crete Public Library invites you to play its version of March Madness in order to determine who is the most popular literary character in Crete. In order to make this decision, the library is playing a weekly March Madness game which allows library patrons to choose their favorite literary character by voting each time they visit the library. There is a new ballot available each week until the winner is announced on April 2.
The game began on March 5 with a Sweet 16 competition. For six days, the following characters were paired against each other:
- Clifford the Big Red Dog vs. Curious George,
- Winnie the Pooh vs. Cat in the Hat,
- Amelia Bedelia vs. Captain Underpants,
- Laura Ingalls vs. Anne Shirley,
- Encyclopedia Brown vs. Harry Potter,
- Katniss Everdeen vs. Hermione Granger,
- Miss Celie vs. Elizabeth Bennett, and
- Alex Cross vs. Sherlock Holmes.
Once the votes were tallied, these characters moved on to the Elite 8 round:
- Curious George vs. Cat in the Hat,
- Amelia Bedelia vs. Laura Ingalls,
- Harry Potter vs. Katniss Everdeen, and
- Elizabeth Bennett vs. Sherlock Holmes.
Library patrons are invited to choose the winner among these pairings until Saturday, March 17.
The Final Four round will begin March 19 with the Championship round of voting to begin March 26.
While at the Library, you’ll notice that library staff members are wearing pictures of their favorite characters on their name tags.
Crete’s most popular character will be announced on Monday, April 2.
So stop by the Library and vote for your favorite literary character and help them win.