Park Forest, IL—(ENEWSPF)—June 13, 2016. Make a plan for our region. The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) and its partners are developing a new comprehensive regional plan—called ON TO 2050—and CMAP needs your perspective on the how our region should look in 2050. Join the Village of Park Forest for an interactive workshop on Tuesday, June 14 to share your insight and wisdom about the region’s challenges and opportunities.
CMAP needs your ideas on issues the ON TO 2050 plan is likely to address:
- Funding our transportation system
- Expanding access to high quality jobs
- Improving housing choices
- Managing flooding
- Protecting communities from the effects of climate change
- Ensuring the preservation of natural areas
- Supporting cities with workable tax policies
- Creating opportunities for reinvestment
- Defining how and where to invest our limited infrastructure dollars
ON TO 2050 Planning Workshop will be held on Tuesday, June 14 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Dining on the Green Banquet Hall, 349 Main Street, DownTown Park Forest.
If you can’t join the discussion on June 14, there are other ways to share your input for the ON TO 2050 regional plan:
- Take a quick survey in English (https://onto2050.metroquest.com ) or Spanish (https://avanzando2050.metroquest.com .
- Email [email protected] to tell CMAP your big ideas.
- Follow CMAP on Twitter (@ONTO2050) and Facebook (facebook.com/1CMAP) to share your #2050BigIdeas.
- Visit CMAP’s Get Involved web page to learn more and subscribe to CMAP’s Weekly Update.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Hildy Kingma, AICP – Director of Economic Development and Planning 708-283-5622 or [email protected].