Park Forest, IL—(ENEWSPF)— The 35th Annual Park Forest Farmers’ Market season begins Saturday, May 3rd at 7:00 a.m. A special ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at 9:30 a.m. on opening day to kick-off the new season. The Market is open every Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to Noon through the end of October, and is located in the parking lot of the Eagle Movie Theater at the corner of Lakewood Boulevard and Cunningham Drive in Downtown Park Forest.
Prior to the opening of the Market, participants in the Ten Ton Challenge will meet to walk the DownTown at 9:00 a.m. on the Village Green. In addition, the Village Board will hold its Saturday Rules Meeting at the Farmers’ Market starting at 10:00 a.m.
The upcoming season includes 19 vendors and 8 home-based businesses. Three vendors are back for their 35th year of selling at the Farmers’ Market. They include Van Kalker Farms, Carmen Varialle and Family Farm and Oosterhoff Gladiolas.
The following list offers additional details on vendors and their offerings at this year’s Market:
- South Suburban Rose Society, May 3 and 10 only.
- Stamper Cheese, meet a genuine cheese monger, sample and purchase fine cheeses.
- South Suburban Food Co-Operative, the organic growers are back with information and produce, locally grown.
- Pop’s Chops, the best pork chop sandwich in the Universe plus breakfast burritos and more.
- VanKalker Farms, the largest vendor at the Market and offer fruit, vegetables, bedding plants and hanging baskets.
- Rise ‘N’ Roll Amish Bakery, plus fresh butter, superior noodles, cheeses, granola, jams and jellies.
- Wayne Miller Farm, honey and fruit in season, samples available.
- The Herb Basket, Maureen Chappell brings specialized knowledge of organic herbs for healing and skin care plus gifts.
- Carmen Varialle and Family Farm, a 35 year veteran of the PFFM, Carmen arrives with his famous unstoppable truck in June when the vegetable harvest begins.
- Garden Designs, local greenhouse garden specialists with hard-to-find perennials, bedding plants.
- J & P Produce, the distinctive white gull-wing trailer brings many specialty plants and vegetables, heirloom tomatoes, farm fresh eggs, bamboo and peacock feathers.
- Oosterhoff Gladiolas, the largest grower of these beautiful specialty flowers also provides perennials, bedding plants and vases.
- Eldon and Bessie Smith bring vegetables,fruit and great conversation from their Morocco, IN, farm.
- Cooper Farm Allyn and Julie Cooper bring farm eggs, and a wide variety of early produce, berries, fruit and vegetables. Allyn’s mother brings pies and jellies. Hanging baskets and bedding plants are also available.
- Nature’s Garden soy-based specialty candles and other gifts.
- Carol Vasef Avon Products (Park Forester)
- AJ’s Artables – handmade cards, magnets and gifts
- English Treasures, specializing in collectibles related to all things British including tea. (Park Forester)
- Precious Gifts Too, specializing in a wide variety of hats and other gifts. (Park Forester)
- The Pampered Chef, kitchen assistance from many fine utensils and household items. (Park Forester)
- Ricki Williams Jewelry, handmade bracelets, earrings, necklaces and other gifts.
- Chiro One Wellness, spine evaluations and information.
- Sun Times/Southtown news/subscriptions.
- Plantables, clever combinations of antique containers and plants for home, garden and gifts
- Pattycakes, a wide variety of accessories, gifts, toys, unusual things and conversation starters.
For more information, call Village Hall at 748-1118.
You have used up your free articles for this month. To continue reading click here to login or subscribe.