- Category: Latest National News
- Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 17:48
- Written by Press Release
Washington, DC—(ENEWSPF)—March 5, 2013. Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) Acting Director Edward J. DeMarco released the 2013 Conservatorship Scorecard for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The Scorecard details specific priorities for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 2013 that builds upon the three strategic goals announced in FHFA’s Strategic Plan for Enterprise Conservatorships released in 2012.
- Build. Build a new securitization infrastructure, including a common securitization platform;
- Contract. Contract Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s dominant presence in the marketplace while simplifying and shrinking certain operations;
- Maintain. Maintain foreclosure prevention activities and credit availability for new and refinanced mortgages.
“A great deal of progress was made in 2013 and we are ready to move to the next phase,” said DeMarco. “The steps outlined in the 2013 Scorecard lay a strong foundation for the secondary mortgage market of the future.”
To view the 2013 Scorecard, see: http://www.fhfa.gov/webfiles/25023/2013EnterpriseScorecard3413.pdf
The Federal Housing Finance Agency regulates Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the 12 Federal Home Loan Banks. These government-sponsored enterprises provide more than $5.7 trillion in funding for the U.S. mortgage markets and financial institutions.