- Category: Latest Local News
- Published on Saturday, 19 January 2013 22:07
- Written by Press Release
Chicago-(ENEWSPF)- Contests and candidates are now posted at cookcountyclerk.com for the Feb. 26, 2013 Consolidated Primary Election and 2nd Congressional District Special Primary Election.
About 430 precincts will be open in suburban Cook County in the 2nd Congressional District, Berwyn, Palatine and Thornton townships, and the municipalities of Berwyn, Calumet City, Cicero, Elgin and Morton Grove. Precincts will also be open in Golf School District 67 for a referendum. There are 31 total contests in suburban Cook County.
In the February 2011 primary, there were only 46 precincts open and just two contests.
Voters in those districts may now apply for a mail ballot. Voting by mail is open to all voters; no excuse is necessary.
Eligible citizens who wish to vote in the Feb. 26 primary may register to vote or change their voter registration until Jan. 29.
Please note: There are still pending objections to some candidates. The contests and candidates will be updated as electoral boards and the court make rulings.
Upcoming election dates for the Feb. 26 election
Now - Absentee ballot applications accepted
- Jan. 29 - Last day to register to vote
- Jan. 30 - Grace period registration and voting begins
- Feb. 11 - Early Voting begins
- Feb. 23 - Grace period registration and voting ends
- Feb. 23 - Early Voting ends
- Feb. 25 - Last day to mail absentee ballots
- Feb. 26 - Election Day