Community

Gary Kopycinski, Kopy's Kolumn, here's looking at you

Kopy’s Kolumn: The Publisher’s Blog for June 20, 2019

Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- It’s felt like a week-and-a-half in Park Forest since Monday. I only learned of the leadership crisis in town late Sunday night. I’m very happy Village Manager Tom Mick will still be around, and I have hopes for the next stage of the Village Board’s journey. “Over[Read More…]

Human Menorah

Thursday, Dec. 14: On Chanukah, Chicago Jews to Form Human Menorah, Reject Jewish Communal Institutions’ Alliance with Trump on Jerusalem

On Thursday, December 14 JVP-Chicago members will condemn Trump and the ADL, Jewish United Fund and AJC for giving green light to Israel’s dispossession of Palestinian Jerusalemites CHICAGO—(ENEWSPF)—December 14, 2017 By: Michael Deheeger Last week, the president recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and pledged to move the U.S. embassy there from Tel Aviv. This Thursday, December[Read More…]

A Thanksgiving Proclamation from Mayor John A. Ostenburg

Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- Mayor John Ostenburg delivered the following proclamation at this year’s annual Interfaith Thanksgiving Prayer Service. The original Thanksgiving Day was, perhaps, the first celebration on the soil of the Western Hemisphere by what would become a nation of immigrants. The Pilgrims crossed the waters of the Atlantic Ocean[Read More…]

ARCHIVES